1. The personal information collected and the method of collection
A. Personal Information Collected
The contents of the Samsung Biologics website can be accessed freely without the necessity to sign in as a member. However, some services on our website require the user to provide his/her personal information.
The personal information collected by Samsung Biologics in such incidents are as follows:
- For File Download
- Required Information: Name, company name, department, position, telephone number, email address.
- For Email Recommendation
- Required Infromation: Name, email address.
- For Contacting Us
- Required: Name, email address.
- For Requesting Newsletter
- Required Information: Email address.
Optional Information: Name.
B. Method of Collection
Samsung Biologics collects personal information as follows:
The user enters his/her personal information directly on the Samsung Biologics website when the user attempts to download a file from the website, when recommending a feature on the website to a friend, when making an inquiry to Samsung Biologics, or when requesting to be placed on the mailing list for the newsletter.
2. Purposes of Collection and Usage of Personal Information
Samsung Biologics uses the collected personal information for the following purposes only:
- To identify a when he/she attempts to download a file from the website, or when sending the Samsung Biologics newsletter as requested by the user
- Collating statistics data on service usage
3. Sharing and Provision of Personal Information
Samsung Biologics uses the users' personal information only for the purposes set forth in Section 2. (Personal Information Collected and Usage), and will not use the information for any other purposes, or disclose the information to a third party without prior consent of the user except for the following cases.
- In case the users provide prior consent to the disclosure of personal information
- In case of complying with the relevant laws and regulations, or when requested by a investigative agency for the purpose of investigation in accordance with the procedures and methods prescribed under the relevant laws
- In case it is necessary to detect, prevent and resolve the issues related to fraud, security or technical problems, to the extent prescribed and permitted under the relevant law and regulations
4. Outsourcing of Personal Information Management
Samsung Biologics does not outsource the management of personal information to a third party.
5. Retention and Usage Period
The user's personal information is destroyed without delay when the purpose for collecting and using the user's personal information is achieved.
6. Personal Information Destruction Process
Users' personal information will be destroyed as follows:
A. Destruction Process
- The personal information provided by a user will be destroyed after being stored for a certain period of time upon achieving its purpose in accordance with Samsung Biologic's internal policy and the Relevant Laws.
- Users' personal information will not be used for any purposes other than the purpose of storage itself, unless used in accordance with the Relevant Laws.
B. Method of Destruction
- The personal information printed on paper will be either shredded or burnt.
- The personal information stored on an electronic file format will be destroyed by applying the technology that render the personal information data irrecoverable.
7. User and User's Legal Representative Rights and How to Exercise Such Rights
- User and user's legal representative may request to view, modify or delete the user's own personal information, or the personal information of user's child who is 14 years or younger.
- To request to view, modify or delete the user's own personal information or the personal information of user's child who is 14 years or younger, please contact the Samsung Biologics' Personal Information Manager (as described below) in writing, via telephone, or email, and it will be taken care of without a delay.
- If a user makes a request for correction of incorrect personal information, then Samsung Biologics will not use or provide the concerned personal information until such correction is complete. In addition, if incorrect personal information has already been provided to a third party, then corrected information will be provided to such third party without a delay to ensure the correction is reflected in the third party's record.
- Personal information deleted pursuant to the user's request or the user's legal representative will be handled in accordance with the provisions set forth in Section 5. (Maintaining and Usage Period). The deleted information will be processed to ensure it will not be viewed nor used for any other purposes than as set forth in Section 5.
8. Non-Use of Auto-Collection of Personal Information
Samsung Biologics does not use technology or devices that automatically collect users' personal information
9. Technical Management and Protection Measures for Personal Information
Samsung Biologics has established the following technical and managerial measures in handling users' personal information to prevent loss, theft, leakage, falsification, or damage of the personal information:
A. Protection against Hacking
- Samsung Biologics makes its utmost efforts to prevent users' personal information from being leaked or damaged through hacking or by computer virus.
The personal information is being constantly backed-up to protect against damage, and the latest anti-virus technology is being utilized to prevent users' personal information from being leaked or damaged.
In addition, Samsung Biologics also uses an intrusion protection system and firewall to prevent any unauthorized external access. Samsung Biologics makes its utmost efforts to employ all possible technical devices to ensure system security.
B. Minimal Number of Employee Handling the Personal Information and Proper Training
C. Miscellaneous Measures
- In addition to the aforementioned measures, Samsung Biologics also employs appropriate technical and systematic measures as required by the Relevant Laws.
10. Privacy Security Manager and Contact Details
User can report all personal-information-related issues that occur while using Samsung Biologics website to the Privacy Security Manager.
Samsung Biologics will process your inquiry or complaints, and provide a satisfactory reply as soon as possible.
Personal Information Manager
- Name: Samsung Biologics
- Email: email@example.com
- Tel: +82 2 2255 8500 Fax. +82 2 3411 9113
- Address: 27F, 1320-10, Seocho 2-dong, Seocho-gu, Seoul 137-965, Korea (CPO Box 170)
11. Links to Non-Samsung Biologics websites
12. Obligation of Notification
- Post date: June 03, 2011
- Effective date: June 03, 2011